PRESSThe General Session will be held at the "Maison de la Chimie"
28 bis rue Saint-Dominique, 75007 Paris
PRESS CONTACT: email@example.com
ABOUT THE 87TH OIE GENERAL SESSION
Around 1000 participants are expected to attend this annual meeting, bringing together all the Member Countries, as well as the international and regional partners of the Organisation.
During this event, new intergovernmental standards for animal health and welfare will be adopted, and the current global landscape of animal diseases, including zoonosis, will be analysed.
The Director General, Dr Monique Eloit, will also report on the progress made in the implementation of the 6th Strategic Plan (2016-2020).
In particular, the following topics will be addressed this year:
Technical Item1: How external factors (e.g. climate change, conflicts, socio-economics, trading patterns) will impact Veterinary Services, and the adaptations required. Presented in collaboration with ILRI
Technical Item 2: Global situation relating to African swine fever. Presented in collaboration with FAO
Other topics will be addressed:
- The work done on achieving transparency and surveillance of diseases;
- The fight against antimicrobial resistance and the collaboration between the Interagency Coordination Group on Antimicrobial Resistance (IACG) and the OIE for the launch of the recommendations report;
- The adaptation of a Rabies programme control and the requirements to recognize a control programme on a country;
- The importance of biosecurity for aquatic animals’ health systems for a sustainable aquaculture.
SESSIONS OPEN TO THE PRESS
These are the only sessions freely accessible to the press.
IMPORTANT: COMPULSORY ACCREDITATION FOR ACCESS TO THE EVENT
REQUESTS FOR INTERVIEWS
Interviews with the participants may be arranged, subject to availability, throughout the General Session, by appointment only and with at least 48 hours’ notice.
Do not hesitate to contact us regarding your specific topics to facilitate the organisation and allow us to better meet your expectations (firstname.lastname@example.org).
FOLLOW THE DISCUSSIONS OF THE 87TH GENERAL SESSION OF THE OIE:
To allow you to follow the topics covered throughout the event:
- A livestream will be available during the “sessions open to the press”.
- Several press releases will be published during the week
- A hashtag has been created for the event on social media
- Some sessions and interviews will be uploaded on the dedicated YouTube playlist
- Official photos of the event will be made available on Flickr.